Assessment for Autism
The childhealthy team provide a high quality, multi-disciplinary assessment service for children with possible Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
We are currently providing assessments for children aged between 2 - 12 years.
The assessment is delivered by a Consultant Developmental Paediatrician and a Highly Specialist Paediatric Speech & Language Therapist with many years of experience in working with children with developmental differences and a high level of expertise in Autism and Neurodiversity.
The assessment comprises of the following stages:
- An initial developmental paediatric assessment during which parental concerns and priorities will be discussed and the child is physically examined. At this appointment, a recommendation will be made as to whether a full assessment for ASD would be helpful for your child. The cost for this initial assessment with a consultant is £485.
- A further diagnostic history-taking appointment (using the Autism Diagnostic Interview – ADI-R) – this appointment can be arranged virtually if preferred.
- A play-based assessment of the child’s communication, interaction and play skills (using the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – ADOS II).
- A formal assessment of the child’s understanding and expressive language skills and communication profile.
- Information will be obtained from the child’s current education setting (nursery or school) - with parental consent.
- A feedback meeting with the professionals involved in the assessment and the child’s parents in order to discuss the findings and recommendations. This will be carried out virtually.
- A report will be produced which summarises the assessment and recommendations, individually tailored to the needs of the child.
Some children may require additional assessments, for example:
- An assessment of learning (cognitive) skills (Bayley Scales of Development).
- A detailed observation of the child’s communication and interaction skills at school.
The cost for the initial assessment with a consultant is £485 and if recommended all the subsequent steps of the standard assessment are charged at £2565. If additional assessments are required this will be discussed with the parents in advance and will be charged separately. Please contact our office for more information.
Book your appointment
Click the button below to book your appointment.